Talking Walls - Discover Your World, written by Margy Burns Knight and illustrated by me, is coming in February. It's the "Classic Edition" of the two original Talking Walls titles, updated and rewritten for read-aloud effectiveness and compiled into one volume. The book introduces young readers to 26 walls in 22 countries, including every continent except Antarctica.
We're celebrating with a launch party on February 7, 2014:
3:45 - 4:45 TEACHER WORKSHOP
Maine Charitable Mechanic Association Library
519 Congress St, 2nd floor
The first forty educators who register are invited to an hour-long free workshop with the author and illustrator to introduce the new Talking Walls - Discover Your World, and to share examples of how to use the book to meet Common Core standards for informational text, grades K-8: Key Ideas and Details, Craft and Structure, Integration of Knowledge and Ideas, and Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity.
Each participant will be entered in a drawing to win a free copy of the book at the launch party (see below).
To register: Email name, school and contact information (subject line: Teacher Workshop) to email@example.com by February 1, 2014
5:00 - 8:00 LAUNCH PARTY (during First Friday Artwalk)
541 Congress Street, Portland, Maine
- Refreshments: Wine & cheese & crackers
- Display of original Talking Walls illustrations
- Books available for purchase and autographing
- "Reconciliation and Forgiveness Wall" - Community activity honoring the life of Nelson Mandela
- Drawing for free copies of the book (for educators who attended the workshop) - 5 winners